Friday, March 5, 2010

Things I Said to Ronda

"I don't know the rules of grappling, but it looks like she's winning."


We were driving back from practice the other night and I said to Ronda,

"A lot of people have Olympic dreams, but not a lot of people have Olympic days."

And she said,

"Why is it that I have the feeling that I am going to be seeing that in writing in the near future? I knew it! I always knew it. You just practice your blog posts on me!"

In revenge for her thinking she is the center of my life (any more than all of my children are), I thought I would post all of the latest things I said to Ronda.

"No, seriously. Watching the Olympics at night everyone dreams about how great it would be to snowboard like that, ice-skate like that, do judo like that, or whatever but almost no one gets up the next day and works out. And the day after that and the day after that."


-------------------------------

"Mom, I want you to support me in whatever I do, whether it is grappling, MMA, judo. I don't want to have to be one of those people that has to go around their parents to do what they want to do. I want you supporting me."

"Ronda, if you decided you wanted to be the world's best polka dancer, I would pay for the accordion player and go out and buy you some of those God-awful socks."

"Thanks, Mom."

"You're really not into polka, are you?"

"No, Mom, you can relax."

"Thank God!"

---------------------------------

No comments: