Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Matwork Clinic in Kansas City

If doing matwork with me is on your bucket list - or you just happen to live in Kansas City and are free on Friday night, I'll be doing a matwork clinic there September 27th.

I'll be there with a group of athletes competing in the AAU Grand National Judo Championships - weigh-ins are September 27th and the tournament is September 28th. 


Since we are coming in early so our players can get a good night's sleep, and the tournament director, Kenny Brink, knew I wasn't exactly a party animal, he figured I wasn't doing anything on Friday night anyway. He was correct.

If you'd like to come learn armbars, turnovers and maybe even a choke (hey, it's only an hour and a half), come to:


Kansas City North Community Cente
3930 NE Antioch Rd
 Kansas City MO 64117

September 27  from 6:30 - 8 pm

Fork over $25 and have a good time. In case you're interested, the money goes to our team expenses and not to the AnnMaria Drinking Fund. (I'm much more expensive than that.)

The greatest thing about this clinic, if you are a coach, is to know that the coaches meeting starts at 6 pm so it can't go over half an hour because I'll be doing a clinic and making a lot of noise. You'll just have to finish meeting and get on the mat. Yeah, I know it breaks your heart.

If you read our book,  Winning on the Ground and have some questions on how things are done, come and ask me. As you could probably guess, I wrote the parts where Ronda is demonstrating and Jim wrote the parts where other people are demonstrating.

No, you don't have to read the book in advance and, no, there will not be a test.

In all seriousness, though, if you read this blog and are at the clinic, come say hi. I'd be delighted to meet you in person.


or on 
or



No comments: