Monday, February 6, 2017

Choking Makes Me Happy

I'm not sure why this choking drill made me so happy on Friday, but it did.


Maybe it is because it reminded me of when I taught it to my daughter, Ronda, when she as that age.

Maybe it reminded me of all of the times my friend, Tina Thomas, and I ran through it at Venice Dojo just for the hell of it  - so often that Gary Butts took to calling it the "Rousey Roll".

Maybe it's because I remember all of the times I did it in tournaments, starting from when I was 13 years old - old enough to choke but not old enough yet to do arm bars.

Maybe it is because I've been working so much the last several weeks that I am happy just to be on the mat, outside, anywhere but adding one more reference to a report, writing another paragraph, staring at another budget.

More likely, it is all of those things. I don't know. I just know that sometimes, choking people makes me happy - even people I like!




My day job is making video games. Support me by buying a game or donating one to a school. Give it to anyone you'd like to be smarter.

Fish Lake runs on Mac and Windows


Forgotten Trail on Chromebook, Windows, Mac

Making Camp on iTunes and Google Play

2 comments:

Ardebaren said...

"I don't know. I just know that sometimes, choking people makes me happy"

That scares me Ann Maria, as a grown man that genuinely scares me.

Anonymous said...

...or maybe because you've had such a hard life, you just want to blow your steam sometimes.