Points to note here that are often missed:
- When you begin, you CROSS-GRIP, that is, you grab the lapel across from your hand, not directly in front of it.
- Your top should only be about a hands-width above your bottom hand
- Both hands are on the SAME side of the gi to start
- You NEVER let go of the grip with either hand
- Swing your elbow on the top hand UP as your hand goes around the opponent's neck.
Thanks to Crystal for being such a good sport. It's amazing a college sophomore is more mature than me, but there you have it.