Monday, March 24, 2014

I love Manny Gamburyan and Hayastan

This photo is terribly blurry because I took it in the one minute break between rounds. All of these guys are professional fighters - Karo Parisyan, Manny Gamburyan, Roman Mitichyan (whose last name I always get wrong and Ronda always teases me about), Ara, Sevak, Armen (whose name I probably spelled wrong, too.)

We took the students from Gompers Middle School to practice at Hayastan today.  Even though he has a fight coming up in May, Manny agreed to teach a class for the kids for half an hour before his own practice.

Karo has a fight coming up, too, but he and all of the other guys took a minute to pose with our kids for a photo before getting back to work.

I've known most of these guys since THEY were in middle school and trust me, no matter what you might hear in some media or what mistakes they might make in their lives (as Karo and I discussed today, no one is perfect), these are some of the people with the best hearts you would ever meet.

THANK YOU for opening your school to our children from Gompers today. I'm not usually the most sweetness and light type of person, but these guys are so good, I would cry - if I ever did that, which I don't actually, but still, you get my point.

1 comment:

Tanya Davis said...

I am a parent up at Gomper Middle School I just wanted to say Thank You for letting the Kids in Judo come and practice with you I have two sons that went and of course they enjoyed their self Thanks again.