Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ronda Rousey Fights Eating Disorders - Matwork Clinic

**** SOLD OUT ***


=====================================

As promised, here are the details:

Ronda Rousey, UFC world champion, two-time Olympian, Olympic and world medalist in judo, six-time national judo champion and my darling daughter #3 is doing a clinic on March 9th. She has done exactly ONE clinic since winning the Strikeforce world title and right now she doesn't have plans to do any more other than this one.

What is it:
A two-hour clinic on matwork, judo and mixed martial arts. Limited to 30 people.

When is it:
March 9th , from 12- 2 pm.

Where is it:
Glendale Fight Club
601 S. Brand Blvd
Glendale, CA 91204

Why is she doing it?
To raise money for the Don't Throw Up, Throw Down fund to fight eating disorders. 100% of all money goes to the Didi Hirsch Clinic

Ronda is matching the money raised by the clinic with $5,000 of her own.

How much is it?
$200 Make your check payable to Didi Hirsch.

How can I get a ticket ?
Pay attention here: You need to pay in ADVANCE as we are only selling 30 tickets and they are only available at three places.

You can register and pay during judo practice on Sunday, March 3rd  2-6 pm at Millennia MMA, 8423 Rochester Ave. Suite 102 Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730. Or email Gary Butts at great4butts@aol.com  Don't ask the staff at Millenia because they don't have tickets and cannot help you.

Glendale Fight Club, 601 S. Brand Blvd, Glendale, CA 91204 They are open Monday - Thursday 4-8 pm
         Friday 4-6 pm and Saturday 12-2 pm

What is the third place?
I'll tell you later.

Why is it so hard to get tickets?
So we can be sure we don't sell more than 30. 

Can I just come watch and not pay? Can I just pay a spectator fee?
No and no. The only exception is that if you brought your CHILD, say your fifteen-year-old daughter, you can certainly stay and watch.

Can I tape the clinic?
No. The gym asked that we not have videotaping and since they donated  the facility we will respect their wishes.

Anything else?
Copies of our book, Winning on the Ground, will be available. We donated these for the clinic, so, again, 100% of the proceeds go to Didi Hirsch.

16 comments:

Quasi5 said...

Is there any other way to contribute/donate for those of us that wouldn't be able to attend anyway?

Dr. AnnMaria said...

Right here. Under other put

Don't Throw Up, Throw Down

https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=didihirsch&id=1

xxD_Hxx said...

I think you should have someone film it...it's like saying "We didn't want that training footage of Bruce Lee." Heck, you could sell it for a small profit and donate that as well.

Dr. AnnMaria said...

That's a good idea. I will suggest it. However, I have zero expertise, equipment or ability with making videos so we'd also have to get someone to do it.

Dennis Villegas said...

If I only live in the States I would certainly buy a ticket..It would be a lifetime dream to be taught by a master judoka, and a world-class athlete.

Jessica R said...

Can a white belt judoka attend?

Dr. AnnMaria said...

Yes it is open to anyone. It will be fun, educational and a good cause.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the return email and the link for the donation site the other day Dr. Greatly appreciated.

Keith Phipps

Anonymous said...

I'm in NY and was considering flying in for it! I box here in NY and am a huge Ronda fan - love what she's doing for women's athletics - very inspiring!
I would have loved to video and edit it for you guys - you should have a clinic in NY!

Anonymous said...

I would like to bring my daughter, we will be traveling from Nevada. However this is her first seminar or class so she doesn't have a gi yet. Is there somewhere nearly the fight club where we could purchase one when we arrive?

Dr. AnnMaria said...

She could do it without a gi. I'm not sure there is somewhere nearby to buy one. What size is your daughter? I can ask someone to bring an extra she can borrow. You do know you need to pay for your tickets in advance, yes? Email me if you would like to pay over the phone, since you are in Nevada annmaria@7generationgames.com

Anonymous said...

Right on, email sent. Thx
Lamont

Unknown said...

Can press attend to write about the cause?

Anonymous said...

i hate spammers - i wish ronda would judo drop kick them in the head!!!

Dr. AnnMaria said...

I hate spammers, too. Give me their address and let me at them.

Joe said...

Hello,

I would like to pay for a spot for my girlfriend for the upcoming Rousey seminar on March 9. Please contact me at joejsmooth85@gmail.com so arrangements can be made since she is coming from out of state. Thanks for your help and time!

All the best,
Joe